Downloads: Pligg CMS 1.2.1
Pligg CMS 1.2.1
Pligg CMS Version 1.2.1
The 1.2.1 version of Pligg CMS addresses a number of bugs that have been reported since the 1.2.0 release. Some of the more notable enhancements are improved SEO URLs and the ability to post stories to multiple categories. There are no known security issues being addressed in this release, so it is not seen as highly critical. Some of the bugs fixed from the previous version (like the password reset email) make this a recommended upgrade.
New Features and Fixes
- Users can now select multiple categories during story submission. This feature can be turned on or off from the admin panel configuration area.
- Fix for password reset email being blank.
- Pligg now stores old URLs in database to allow for URL forwarding when a story title changes.
- Fix for related stories. Now returns only upcoming or published stories.
- Fix for story URLs having a -1 at the end when they use original titles. Duplicate article title URLs should now start appending at -2 rather than -1.
- Moved CAPTCHA check position to allow the submission process to save form progress in case of wrong CAPTCHA.
- Changed character encoding used in emails to UTF-8 to allow for a greater variety of languages.
- Fix for when adding a comment to a story causes a blank page
- Live pages pagination fix for friendly URLs
- If someone tries putting in a url into the story url field that doesn't include http:// at the start we now automatically add that for them.
- Fixed a bug related to category management messing up subcategories when adding a new subcategory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwNdhulXB9c
- Changed how we handle deletion of categories with subcategories. Subcategories can now be moved up a level.
- Fix for group pagination.
- Tags are now included in admin story management search.
- Added select all option for users in admin panel.
- Added option to turn parent category visibility off when viewing a subcategory.
The above list is an abbreviated list with some of the updates, you can read our SVN update logs for the full list.
The upgrade process from the previous 1.2.0 release is very simple. Just copy the new 1.2.1 files over the previous 1.2.0 files, overwriting the older files. When that completes run the upgrade script from /install/upgrade.php to update your Pligg CMS version number (and perform other upgrade tasks) to complete the upgrade process.You may want to double check your language file after upgrading to make sure that the final line on it shows the following:
1.2.1 Template Updates
// End 1.2.1 Language File
The following template files were updated since the previous release. We recommend that you use software like Winmerge to compare the Wistie template directories from the 1.2.0 release and the 1.2.1 release to see specific changes.
- editlink_edit_center.tpl - Added multiple category feature.
- link_summary.tpl - Added multiple category printout
- search_advanced_center.tpl - Fixed advanced search bug.
- submit_step_2.tpl - Un-commented trackback link. Added multiple category selection feature.
- /sidebar_modules/categories.tpl - Fix related to URL Method 2
ORANGE = Small or Cosmetic Fix(es)