Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor

1. TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor Details »»

TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor

Developer Last Online: Aug 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Pligg Version: Unknown Rating:  Installs: 15
      Released: 04-13-2009 Last Update: Never Downloads: 295
      Not Supported

This is my TinyMCE module which still needs some finishing touches to get it working with the latest SVN releases. Please don't post a reply unless you wish to contribute fixes to the module. I will remove any other posts until this module has been completed.

This module is no longer packaged with Pligg CMS because it hasn't been tested enough and the filesize of the module is quite large (1/3 the size of Pligg CMS when zipped).

What is WYSIWYG?

WYSIWYG is an acronym for What You See Is What You Get, used to describe a system in which content displayed during editing appears very similar to the final output. Without WYSIWYG you will see HTML code in textfields, which makes it more difficult for common users to understand and use. An example of a WYSIWYG would be the vBulletin editor used on the Pligg forums for composing posts.

What is TinyMCE?
      TinyMCE is a web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG editor that can be easily integrated into your site. We have packaged all of the necessary javascript files into a module that can be quickly added to your website by just installing the module.

Features of the Pligg TinyMCE Module:
      I wanted to design this module to make it pretty basic for posting stories to your website so I chose to remove a lot of the features from TinyMCE. One such feature which users may want to add back in is the ability to insert images or links into posts. I will not be providing instructions on how to add either feature back in so please don't ask. I am working on adding the image button on for the admin page editor (Admin > Manage > Pages), but it seems to be stripping the image url at the moment. If you are really interested on adding links and images to the main submit process you should probably look at how the page editor template and the TinyMCE module relate to figure it out once I get the features working there.

Installation and Uninstallation Notes:
      When you install the TinyMCE module it automatically adds html tags to the Admin > Configure > Submit page for the 3 "HTML tags to allow" fields for Normal, Admin and God user levels. I found that for some reason I had to click to edit the field and re-submit them for the site to recognize all of the allowed HTML tags. You may need to do the same after installing the module.

When uninstalling this module you might want to disable the ability for users to manually add the HTML tags to their posts by removing the previously mentioned HTML tags from the Admin > Configure > Submit page.

Download Now

Screenshots

Show Your Support

• If you like this download support the author by donating.
      • This download may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
    Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Sorry, but this isn't on top of my todo list right now. If someone else would like to look into fixing or improving this module, it's open source and you are free to do so.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

wysiwyg meaning drag and drop image and text together. (or video) So can this tinymce do that?
    When not how to make that or who can make that work in an module?

JP

I can drag image and text into the editor but step3tpl is not place the image on the riht place in the story.
    So what coder can make this work. Pm me if you want to. JP

Are there no coders to do this? Man i need this to work. Can you ask the cristman for me please. JP

TinyMCE

I think it should be a button for direct link, bcoz user don't know about html, and how can enable it for admin bcoz it is working only for users..

Please check this link problem...

Link: http://doomic.com

Your tinymce is not working at all with drag and drop like all the other tinymce is this not working. No image and html in step 3.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by janpatat View Post
    Your tinymce is not working at all with drag and drop like all the other tinymce is this not working. No image and html in step 3.
    JP
    No have disable it from admin and using simple html tag which is you enable through configure > submit. but it is not working as you check..
    I am not using tinymce bcoz it is not showing for admin post it is available for user only..

Link: http://doomic.com

Anyone willing to make this module work for 1.0.3b
    Am willing to pay coz i really need this to work
    Contact me if anyone is willing to do it
    Thank you

have a trouble

theme pligmeme

in the head of theme appear this

Code:
    iw.selectingSomething) answer = false; return answer; } //
    and
    Code: