Thread: Pligg Web Toolbar Module

1. Pligg Web Toolbar Module Details »»

Pligg Web Toolbar Module

Developer Last Online: Nov 2010 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Pligg Version: 1.2.x Rating:  Installs: 7
      Released: 09-15-2009 Last Update: Never Downloads: 167
      Not Supported Is a Module Auto-Templates Code Changes
      Additional Files

the long waited Pligg Web Toolbar Module is here. It is verified to be working with Pligg CMS 1.2.1.

About the Pligg Web Toolbar Module
      This module will add a toolbar to external links so that users don't have to leave your site to read stories. The toolbar includes a vote count, comment count, title and social bookmarking icons. This is a similar to Digg.com's toolbar that they use for external links.

Installation Instructions

1. Download the attached Pligg Web Toolbar .zip file and extract it.
      2. Upload the contents of the /upload directory to your website. This will place a toolbar.php file in the root of your site and module files in the /modules directory.
      3. (optional) If you want to change your pligg logo, you can change it. Logo is located here -> new_files/modules/pligg_web_toolbar/images/logo.gif
      4. (optional) If you are using URL Method 2, you will need to add a new line to your .htaccess file. See htaccess.edits.txt for that line (or look further down on this post).
      5. Login to Admin > Modules > Uninstallled and Search for "Pligg Web toolbar". Click the Install link for installing the web toolbar.
      6. Go to your Pligg site, go the story summary page, clicking on it will open the toolbar with the ur

If you are using URL Method 2 add this line to your .htaccess file:
      Code:
      RewriteRule ^toolbar/(\d+)/?$ modules/pligg_web_toolbar/toolbar.php?id=$1

Known Bugs

1. Disabling the module from the module settings page in the Admin panel doesn't actually disable the toolbar. The feature should probably just be removed since users can disable the module from the module settings page.
      2. Stories that do not have a URL (left blank or as http:// in submit step 1) result in an error popup.
      3. A working vote button needs added so users can vote from the toolbar page
      4. Toolbar story and comment links have /toolbar in them and do not give the SEO URL when using URL Method 2.

Download Now

Screenshots

Show Your Support

• This download may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
    Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Okay, I fixed up this module and made a lot of cosmetic and bug changes. I've replaced the original download with an updated copy. I also realized that this module does not yet support URL Method 2. That's probably the next feature that either I or someone else should figure out.

Bugs fixed (that I can remember):

1. Vote number positioning
    2. Script used <? to open PHP, should have been <?php to support more servers.
    3. Moved hard coded language items into lang.conf file.
    4. Fixed a CSS bug that caused the bookmarking script to mess things up.
    5. Styled the toolbar comment and link line a little differently
    6. Changed the width of the <td> elements to make them all fixed sizes besides the main title <td>.
    7. Set min-width value for the main title <td>. This prevents small width browsers from collapsing the title/url text into many rows one some browsers.
    8. Renamed pligg_logo.gif to just logo.gif.

I also changed the example image to match the latest version and verified this listing because it has been tested. You should see the official "Verified by Pligg" seal at the top of this thread. Lastly, I renamed this thread removing the Pligg version number so that when a new version comes out it won't require a new thread or edited title.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

How to add the voting feautering in the toolbar?

Quote Originally Posted by prorock View Post
    How to add the voting feature in the toolbar?
    I was thinking of that, but I didn't want to work on this module more than I needed to. If I have time I may fix the SEO url and add voting, unless goopensource willing and able to do that.
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

nice to add voting and seo!

Casual Pligger/Coder goopensource's Avatar
    thank you yankidank@ for your fixes, new screenshot, verified symbol

i have been thinking of SEO than voting. in coming releases, i will do it.

non funziona cosa devo fare dopo averlo installato???

Quote Originally Posted by naftalina View Post
    non funziona cosa devo fare dopo averlo installato???
    You will need to translate your message into English to get an answer. Please leave more details too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've updated the module again with some more bug fixes, including URL Method 2 support. I decided to move the toolbar.php file into the module folder to make it more "idiot proof" to install. I also added instructions for making more URL friendly links if you are using URL Method 2. It would result in something like mysite.com/toolbar/234. Requires adding 1 line to your .htaccess. See the module readme file for details.

I'm not going to attach my latest version to the original post because there's still a big bug I need to work out. An error message appears on the top of the toolbar page. I'm going to hope that goopensource will figure out a fix to that when he adds the ability to vote to this module. If he doesn't get that done in the next week I will try to appy the fix myself.

I added this module to the Pligg core SVN. This means that you can access the files from our subversion repository and the module will be included with the next version of Pligg (so long as it gets fixed by then).

Known bugs and missing features:

• Stories that do not have a URL (left blank or as http:// in submit step 1) result in an error popup.
    • Disabling the module from the Admin panel doesn't actually disable the toolbar. Please just disable it from the module management page.
    • Language file error message on toolbar page
    • No vote button on toolbar

pligg rc 2 This module possible?

Error:

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for ./../languages/lang_romanian.conf in /home/vhosts/public_html/internal/template.config_loader.php on line 25

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast