Thread: Dropbox Backup

1. Dropbox Backup Details »»

Dropbox Backup

Developer Last Online: Aug 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Pligg Version: 1.2.x Rating:  Installs: 2
      Released: 08-10-2012 Last Update: Never Downloads: 32
      Not Supported DB Changes Is a Module Re-useable Code
      Additional Files Translations External Content

This module generates backup files, which are then sent to your Dropbox account for safe keeping. All that you have to do is generate the files that you want backed up using the Admin File & MySQL Backup tool, then fill in your Dropbox credentials and then "Perform Backup". It will zip up all of the files from the /admin/backup/ directory and post them to your Dropbox account.

If you would like, you can customize what folder the files are placed in using the "Dropbox Directory" field. Begin this field with a forward slash when entering a subdirectory name, or remove the whole contents to place the backup file into the base of your Dropbox folder.

Please note that the password field stores the Dropbox password as plain text in the MySQL database, so I recommend that you remove the contents of that field after you complete the Dropbox transfer. There are some left over bits that I commented out in the PHP file while I was considering making a setting so that you could disable saving the Dropbox password altogether. To save time I ended up abandoning that effort.

Installation

If you are trying to install this on a Pligg 1.X site, you will need to manually edit one of the files due to how we renamed user levels for Pligg 2.0. Open /modules/dropbox_backup/dropbox_backup_main.php and find:
      Code:
      $canIhaveAccess = $canIhaveAccess + checklevel('admin');
      Replace with:
      Code:
      $canIhaveAccess = $canIhaveAccess + checklevel('god');
      Make sure that both the /admin/backup/ and /modules/dropbox_backup/backup/ directories are set to CHMOD 777.

You will need to save the module settings before being able to press the "Perform Backup" button.

Support

Check your /cache/log.php file for hints if something is going wrong. If you want to report an issue to the forums, we may ask you to provide the contents of that file.

Some servers may return an error similar to "Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Cannot execute request: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:" in their error logs. You may be able to find a solution for this after reading this article.

If you try to "Perform Backup" and it returns a blank page, check the /cache/log.php file for the most recent entry. If it shows something like: "PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Login unsuccessful.'", then your email/password combination is probably not correct. We hope to improve this error handling down the road if we find time.

Because this makes use of a third party service, and because it is a free module, I will not be providing ongoing support for this module.

Revision History

• v1.00, 08/09/2012 Yankidank - First version

Requires Free Dropbox Account

Download Now

Screenshots

Show Your Support

• If you like this download support the author by donating.
      • This download may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
    Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Last edited by Yankidank; 08-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Version
    RE: Version 1.00

Very Safety Backup Module. lot of thank's for this module.

Version
    RE: Version 1.00

How to solve this problem?
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Remote directory must be a string, is NULL instead.'

Nice, think it will be very helpful module.

I just need to know:
    If i need to shift my site 1 server to another server then what i need to do.
    Is that enough if I keep backup my whole site+database by this module and shift my website to another server then extract files and import database, Is that enough to make my site live again as it is before?

Thanks
    [*snip!*]
    Last edited by UnderDogg; 08-12-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rankbirth View Post
    Nice, think it will be very helpful module.

I just need to know:
    If i need to shift my site 1 server to another server then what i need to do.
    Is that enough if I keep backup my whole site+database by this module and shift my website to another server then extract files and import database, Is that enough to make my site live again as it is before?

Thanks
    [*snip!*]
    Yes, you are right. If you back up your whole site and database, once you move to the new server, all you have to do is recreate the database and extract the sql to load the data.

Thank you. A very useful tool I am planning to use this as well.

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlykelly View Post
    Hello,

I install your module, but face one problem.
    I can't to transfer data one server to another.

Thank You
    I don't follow what you mean. This is designed to perform a one-way backup to your Dropbox account.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

i have a similar script but in ssh. i suggest a cronjob and a delete after x days