The Upload Module for Pligg CMS is a free add-on that is included with the default files that come with Pligg. I will let the module's homepage explain the finer points of how the module works.
> Module Homepage / Support Link <
This module allows you to attach a file or image to a Pligg article. It also is capable of generating multiple sized versions of images that are uploaded (ex. thumbnail, medium, large, original).
- Upload image to your website from the user's local computer
- Grab an image from another site through a URL input method
- Generate multiple thumbnails for attached images (ex. large, medium, small) and set dimensions for each size.
- List attached files or images to articles.
- Select what file types you want to allow from the upload settings page. (Ex: zip, jpg, psd )
- Use additional fields for each uploaded file. Use it require a name, description, author, etc. for each file.
- Automatically embed image thumbnails into posts. Just tell it what template which module hook it should use from a dropdown list on the upload settings page.
- Use template tags to embed the uploaded images into your template.
The files for this module can be found in the directory: /modules/upload/