Installing Pligg on Windows
It's quick-and-easy to install Pligg on Windows. Installing Pligg on your local computer is a great option for testing and developing your Pligg site before moving it onto a web server. Best of all it's completely free to run Pligg on your local computer so you can give it a try before having to purchase a web hosting package.
- Download and install WAMP or Xamp. If you are a Mac user you can use MAMP.
- Restart your computer
- Download Pligg CMS and move the Pligg files into a subfolder. In this example we will use the /pligg directory.
- Create a new MySQL database from http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
- Run through the Pligg readme.html file (http://localhost/pligg/readme.html) and rename the necessary files mentioned in it.
- Navigate to http://localhost/pligg/install/install.php to begin the installation process
- Run the installer using the MySQL database you recently created. The default WAMP username is "root" and the password is blank.
- Create an admin user and you're finished!