How to Install Pligg
Installing Pligg is a simple process that can be performed by most first-time CMS users. We've laid out detailed step by step directions below, which look more complicated than what the process entails. Before we get started, lets take a look at what you need in order to get Pligg running...
Pligg requires a modern version of PHP (we recommend PHP 5+) and MySQL and some PHP functions. To test if your server is capable of running Pligg please view the Troubleshooter by navigating to /install/troubleshooter.php after uploading the /install directory to your server. If any elements appear in red on that page you may have a problem with either installing or running Pligg.
- Create a mysql database. If you are unfamiliar with how to create a mysql database, please contact your web host or search their support site. Please pay careful attention when creating a database and write down your database name, username, password, and host somewhere.
- Rename the /languages/lang_english.conf.default file to lang_english.conf. Same instructions apply to any other language file that you might use that are located in the /languages directory.
- Rename the file settings.php.default to settings.php
- Rename the /languages/lang_english.conf.default file to lang_english.conf
- Rename the /libs/dbconnect.php.default file to dbconnect.php
- Upload the files to your server.
- CHMOD 777 the following folders
- CHMOD 666 the following files
- Open /install/index.php in your web browser. If you are reading this document after you uploaded it to your server, click on the install link at the top of the page.
- Select a language from the list.
- Fill out your database name, username, password, host, and your desired table prefix.
- Create an admin account. Please write down the login credentials for future reference.
- Make sure there are no error messages!
- Delete your /install folder.
- CHMOD 644 libs/dbconnect.php
- Open /index.php
- Log in to the admin account using the credentials generated during the install process.
- Log in to the admin panel ( /admin ) and you will then be presented with information introducing you to Pligg.
- Configure your Pligg site to your liking. Don't forget to use the Modify Language page to change your site's name.