Thread: After switching templates, yget still shows

After switching templates, yget still shows

Hi,

I'm new to Pligg and I apologize if this question has been asked and answered already. I did a quick search but did not see anyone with my exact problem.

I created a copy of the yget template directory and renamed it to ygetnew. To test if I was seeing the new or old version of yget, I added the text 'ygetnew' as the first line of templates/ygetnew/header.tpl.

Then I went to admin / configure / template and changed the template from yget to ygetnew (and then confirmed it had been changed in the database).

Then I deleted everything in templates_c.

I still see the original yget on every page. If I edit templates/yget/header.tpl, then I see the change.

I installed some 3rd party templates and tried switching to them, but all I ever see is the original yget.

What is going on?

Thanks.

Josh in Berkeley, CA

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Thats odd, you seemed to take all the right steps even the extra mile of clearing the templates_c directory. My first idea is clear your cookies and refresh the page.

You could check your mysql to make sure that it changed templates in the database. Log into phpmyadmin then view the tables for pligg_config. The template should be row 52. It should read lik this this if it took the change correctly:
    Code:
    52     Template     $thetemp     ygetnew     yget     text     Template     Default template     normal     '
    Try doing the settemplate.php trick to see if you can change templates using your cookies. If at some point you may have clicked on a link like the one below it will make the template cookie based and you won't see the changes no matter what.

/settemplate.php?template=ygetnew

Last thing to do is view your page source and see what template it's directing to. Search for something like a .css file that is in the template directory.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Hi Yankidank,

Thanks for the ideas. Here's some more info:

1. I confirmed using phpmyadmin that my change had taken.
    2. I looked at the cookies and the template was being set, but even after clearing all cookies the problem still exists.
    3. If I manually edit the cookies and change template to ygetnew, then it works.
    4. If I try to use settemplate.php to change the template from yget to anything (even from yget to yget), I get this error:

"Warning: Template "yget" does not exist! " or "Warning: Template "ygetnew" does not exist!"

5. Viewing the source of the page confirms that the css files are coming from templates/yget/css no matter what I try to change the template to.

6. I don't know if it's relevant or not, but earlier in the day, before I started having this problem, I tried to get some 3rd party templates working. There was an error about missing libs/lang.conf file, and I had to re-upload templates/yget

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Yankidank View Post
    Thats odd, you seemed to take all the right steps even the extra mile of clearing the templates_c directory. My first idea is clear your cookies and refresh the page.

You could check your mysql to make sure that it changed templates in the database. Log into phpmyadmin then view the tables for pligg_config. The template should be row 52. It should read lik this this if it took the change correctly:
    Code:
    52     Template     $thetemp     ygetnew     yget     text     Template     Default template     normal     '
    Try doing the settemplate.php trick to see if you can change templates using your cookies. If at some point you may have clicked on a link like the one below it will make the template cookie based and you won't see the changes no matter what.

/settemplate.php?template=ygetnew

Last thing to do is view your page source and see what template it's directing to. Search for something like a .css file that is in the template directory.

maybe this will work -
    Check your template_details.php in your template directory.
    Code:
    <?php
    	$template_info['name'] = 'yget'; // do not use the _ character. use - instead
    	$template_info['desc'] = 'yget';
    	$template_info['author'] = 'Pligg Team';
    	$template_info['support'] = 'http://forums.pligg.com/yget/';
    	$template_info['version'] = 0.990;
    	$template_info['designed_for_pligg_version'] = '9.9.0';
    ?>
    change the yget parts here for Pligg to distinguish it's a different template

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Catchpen, I was just about to suggest that. I wasn't sure if this could cause the error or not though.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Pligg Developer/Coder/Designer ChuckRoast's Avatar
    Yep, you need to change the template_details.php otherwise pligg still thinks it's the same template.

This post really should be under customization assistance, so I'm moving it there.
    Help Keep ChuckRoast Home
    Today's Pligg Blog Post