Thread: Rss Import With Star Voting Problem

Rss Import With Star Voting Problem

I am having a problem with publishing stories using the STAR VOTING method with RSS Import function. I have set the "Vote to Publish" to 1, "Voting Method" to 2 (star method), "Rating to Publish" to 0 and "Days to Publish" to 3650.

As for the import, I set "Feed Random Votes" to 0 (no), "Feed Votes (if not random)" to 5. Just not sure why it's not publishing the stories. It imports everything just fine, but doesn't publish the stories -- it leaves them in the Upcoming section. It will only publish them if I rate them manually one at a time after they get imported. But with the digg like voting method, they get published just fine.

I believe I did everything right as far as the configuration goes -- or did I miss something? I have also set the "Auto Vote" upon submitting a story to both true and false -- but that didn't make a difference at all.

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    I believe that Rating to Publish needs to be set to 1 as a minimum? Try that out.
    Auto-vote should be set to false for star ratings. It's a feature that I think was designed for the normal number voting and I don't think it would work with stars.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Nope -- doesn't work. I am getting the feeling that this is either a bug or maybe Pligg wasn't really designed to import feeds using the star method, especially since it was really aimed for the whole Digg method thing. Kinda sucks since I was getting tired of the whole Digg method and wanted to try something new on my new movie site. I hope this can be fixed.