New to Pligg and looking for suggestions
I am new to Pligg and I am looking for suggestions.
The issue I am having now is the fact that I know exactly what I want but I do not know how to get it. I have just successfully installed Pligg and I have this home page My Site - Your Source for Social News and Networking
It does not look like what I am wanting. I want to use Pligg in coordination with some of my web pages on Gelsana.com such as this one http://www.gelsana.com/Deltav.html where the bold captions are accompanied with an up and down arrow so that people can vote something up or down and the number of votes is displayed. A typical Pligg page. But the page I have just after installation looks nothing like this and I do not know what to do next.
Somone suggested that I hire someone.
Suppose I know HTML/CSS very well; suppose I am a software engineer and the idea of hiring someone to do scripting seems absurd to me. Then, how do I just get started? How do I get my proverbial foot through the door? How do I just do the very first step and get a PLIGG page built?
After that, how do I install a simple PLIGG template and where do I find these free templates?
1. Why did you open a second thread with identical content?
2. Why do you have 2 Pligg forum user accounts dating back a few years?
1. I did not find this other thread. After I made the post I did not see it because there is a delay. New posts have to be approved. I thought perhaps I made a mistake and clicked on the wrong button because I did not see the post. So I made the post again.
Originally Posted by Yankidank
2. The other account is broken. When I try to log in, the PHP throws an error. When I tried to log on with the other account, there is a PHP error message that appears briefly at the top of the screen and then the whole page refreshes.
Now it is my turn to ask two questions.
1. Why do you hijack this thread and ask unrelated questions? This forum is to ask for help and for people to provide help. In other respectable forums what you have just done here would be considered hijacking or derailing the discussion thread and you would be banned.
2. Can you please go back to the original post, read it, and offer a suggestion?
This account is a mistake.
I created it by mistake.
Can it be removed, please?
I will just use the other one, Captain Xarzu
You can actually delete your account from the site. Click on this link to go to your settings page. Then click on the "Delete Profile" link in the sidebar area and follow the directions. All of your existing posts will show as being posted by an unregistered user account.