Thread: Beta Test 2.0

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar

Lightbulb Beta Test 2.0

Interested in testing out the next version of Pligg CMS? Version 2.0 is currently being developed and we need beta testers to help us find bugs and other issues. Subscribe to this thread to receive updates when we bring a Pligg 2.0 demo version online so that you can test it out.

Last edited by Yankidank; 06-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

We’ve begun the first phase of beta testing by updating the Pligg Demo website to a preview version of Pligg 2.0. The demo site is now a way for users to contribute ideas as well as bug reports through the Pligg submission process.

The next phase of testing will include an open beta, where users will be able to download a development build of Pligg 2.0 to install on their own websites. We are currently addressing some major bugs and features that need to be fixed before we proceed to that step. As we suggested in the previous blog entry, please subscribe to this forum thread so that you will be alerted via email when we progress with the 2.0 development. That way you can be among the first members to test out the next major version of Pligg CMS.
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

August 21, 2012 Update:
    Please read this latest blog entry on what to expect from Pligg 2.0 to answer common questions.

Even though we have 3 developers working on Pligg 2 full time, it is still a ways off for completion. We have about 80 bugs or features to work through right now. I would estimate that we are about two thirds of the way done.

Because we are putting in hundreds of development hours into the project we will probably need to start a donation drive to help fund the rest of development. I've spent around $7,000 from Pligg's development fund (money reserved from each Pligg Pro sale) so far and expect to at least need to add another $3-5 thousand. I will most likely open up a Kickstarter project next week to try to raise enough money to continue development.

Pligg 2.0 Beta Now Available | Pligg CMS

Let’s keep this brief. Pligg 2.0 is now available in beta form via the Pligg Pro shop. Starting at $5 you can get early access to the next version of Pligg. For larger donation amounts we are including several popular modules at a big discount.

Please be aware that the beta is still in the early stages of development and has some broken or incomplete features. You should not expect to use Pligg 2.0 Beta on a production site.

Pligg Developer/Coder/Designer ChuckRoast's Avatar
    I've listed some of the features below:

Features

• Responsive Design to work on all devices.
    • Up/Down voting is now standard
    • Optional unlimited scrolling to load more stories, or use pagination.
    • Completely redesigned Administration Panel making it easier to navigate and configure
    • Improved logging features that display in the Administration panel sidebar.
    • Uses Bootstrap for easy template modifications.
    • Nested commenting, reply to a reply, to a reply.
    • Voting notification "You liked story title"
    • Redesigned Profile pages with tabbed content.
    • Easily change your avatar.
    • Administrator can now change the author of a submission.
    • Preview your story before you submit it
    • Make or receive status updates from your profile. See friends submissions, comments, etc from your own profile page.
    • See only the stories that only interest you. You can hide categories that do not interest you.
    • Set your preferred language in your profile settings.
    • Add your social accounts to your profile. Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Linkedin, Google+, Pinterest.
    • Send private messages to friends.
    • Watch voting in real-time with the Live feature
    • Ban entire domains from submissions.
    • Manage banned domains from the administration panel
    • New captcha system. Much easier to use than Recaptcha and stronger protection.
    • Redesigned group sorting.
    • I'm sure there is stuff I am leaving out. I will edit when necessary.
    Help Keep ChuckRoast Home
    Today's Pligg Blog Post