How to send email to All users?
I'm looking for the best way to send email messages to all users. I have over 24K subscribers and tried to widgets to send emails without any luck. I always get Server error like this: HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request
Any help will be appreciated.
When i look at UniversBook.com - Latest News Headlines, Stories, Images and Videos. FREE Social Bookmarking Service i see nothing but spam post. I just visited 8 pages into your site and there is nothing but spam.
You do know that right?
Is this your best suggestion to my question?
There are a few methods:
1. Free - Export user data to Excel and manually send an email.
2. Paid - Use the Aweber module to collect registrations for an email list, then send out emails using Aweber.com.
3. Free - Use the Send Announcement module (included with Pligg) to send a simple message via Pligg.
Yankidank, thanks a lot for your support.
I like option 1 - export to excel, but i'm afraid to screw up my website. I'n not that good to put scripts inside. May be with help (paid) I would do it.
2. I have aweber account and it's probably the best option for me. Questions: can I transfer existing user accounts? Does aweber require confirmation from every one to create a mail list at their site?
3. Send Announcement sounds the easiest way to do it, however I tried 2 times and it was not working for me. When I try to send message it would think about 20 min. then clear the screen, but message was not send.
The first method that exports data into Excel isn't really risky. All that you have to do is download this .txt file and rename it to something like export.php, then upload the file to the root of your Pligg site and visit the URL.
The Send Announcement module is rather basic and isn't really designed for sites with a larger user base. How many members do you have on your site?
Community member Moneytized developed the Aweber module, so if you PM him he may be able to answer your questions for you.
I have over 24K users. I will contact Moneytized for help.
Thanks for your support
i know i didn't answer your question..
i was pretty surprised to find out you have a site that seems to function only to post spam.
it is also relevant to your question, since you could end up sending emails to auto generated email addresses used for creating spam content.
Tags for this Thread