Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Pligg 2.0 Beta Discussion

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    Does anyone know how to embed a Tweet into a post so that it includes media? It shows correctly in the Preview, but only posts the headline and date when submitted. Authorized blockquote and script tags for admin.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wayne LaPierre: Michael Bloomberg "insane" on guns<a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/9j1zBmgFFp']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/9j1zBmgFFp']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/9j1zBmgFFp']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 't.co', '/9j1zBmgFFp']);" rel="nofollow" href="http://t.co/9j1zBmgFFp" title="http://huff.to/15HCUOM">huff.to/15HCUOM</a></p>&mdash; Huffington Post (@HuffingtonPost) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/HuffingtonPost/status/315946262472060928']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/HuffingtonPost/status/315946262472060928']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/HuffingtonPost/status/315946262472060928']);_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/HuffingtonPost/status/315946262472060928']);" rel="nofollow" href="https://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/status/315946262472060928">March 24, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can get it to work on a PAGE, but not on a post.
    It looks like onclick= is being removed from that code when Pligg saves it to the post data. Trying to figure out why that is.

In the meantime you can get it to work by removing the onclick portions of that code.
    Last edited by Yankidank; 03-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankidank View Post
    What is the "ads-problem"? Could you link to any related posts concerning that? Sorry, but this thread is getting large.
    see page 30, post #300

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    hi yankidank,
    try

{literal}
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8998561852600187";
    google_ad_slot = "6333135256";
    google_ad_width = 728;
    google_ad_height = 90;
    //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>
    {/literal}

on

tpl_pligg_banner_top

results in a blank banner space on my servers (banner code is active and works on other sites)

br, eric
    Your example worked fine for me. Are you sure that you don't have an ad-blocking software preventing it from showing on your domain?
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Your example worked fine for me. Are you sure that you don't have an ad-blocking software preventing it from showing on your domain?
    yankidank,

i just noticed that it seems to be a Chrome Browser (OSX) problem not showing the ad (no adblocker installed).
    just tried firefox and safari, works without problems.

br, eric
    Last edited by mastermind; 03-28-2013 at 02:30 AM.

It looks like onclick= is being removed from that code when Pligg saves it to the post data. Trying to figure out why that is.

In the meantime you can get it to work by removing the onclick portions of that code.
    Yankidank, your astute observation made me realize that I had not authorized the <a> element </a> so the <a> tags were being removed on posts. Got it working - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    yankidank,

i just noticed that it seems to be a Chrome Browser (OSX) problem not showing the ad (no adblocker installed).
    just tried firefox and safari, works without problems.

br, eric
    yankidank, sorry,... topic is solved for me, was a heavy cookie cashing problem on my site.
    (clearing all caches, rebooting webserver and client machine did it)

ads work fine also on chrome osx

br, eric

Version 815 is now available.

I renamed jquery.cookie.js to jquery_cookie.js to avoid a problem with Apache's mod_security settings which prevent ".cookie" files from being accessed. This resulted in the admin homepage never loading the widgets, or sidebar menus from loading content on some sites.

Files changed:
    1. /templates/admin/admin.tpl
    2. /templates/admin/js/jquery/jquery.cookie.js (renamed to jquery_cookie.js)

Nice to hear that Pligg 2.0 is about to be done. Cannot wait for it. Few things I would love to know.

1. Is comment upvoting/downvoting completely fixed?

2. Will we get the automatic upgrade thing in host providers like Godaddy, Hosgator etc..?

3. Not sure yet, but I guess the 'Admin edit stories' function on top right side of the stories have problem when putting story thumbnails. It's actually colliding. May be it has to do with customization issue.

So far, PLIGG 2.00 is awesome. And it will be really great if we have 'automatic thumbnail module' which works similar with 'old Digg' where users don't need to bother about uploading thumbnails randomly. No matter how it costs, I will but it.

Thanks

Outstanding architecture. Many changes have occurred since 2007 until today. I think it was set up to consider the future in the present form. Pro shop to buy via the official site, I think Pligg. But in some ways it's not. However, I got through friends and pligg site. I am thankful for this site and plug in a significant amount of advertising revenue through friends will soon.

wrong code ????? when digg posts with chinese title....

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast