Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Pligg 2.0 Beta Discussion

holy crap this is a flood of narrow and way to specific questions.

first of all. it looks amazing. it really do. The amount of work you guys have put into it just blows my mind.

i got in on the early beta when it first launched, but i thought it would be more finished than it was. oh well.. i can wait. i am getting the itch at the moment and finding it hard to wait. so i installed the latest build_839.

it worked a lot better of cause, but i still had a lot of the same script error with general navigation working really bad. i can't edit submitted stories from the site itself. only from the admin panel, can't use general navigation from portable devices, can't remove modules, can't press profile on the site itself.

i have tried out the 839 build on 5 different browsers, well 3 since 2 of them are chromium based. But the problem is the same. for the first few page loads. navigation and editing links works like it should. and after that nothing happens upon clicking them.

is this a general problem that you guys are aware of ?

Problem was trying to run the autothumb module. i am an idiot
    Last edited by worldwalker; 06-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.

hi i'm having a problem where i just installed pligg 2 fresh install I cant access user profile and cant post news with no apparent errors http://covenant-assembly.org

How to Change Maintenance Mode?

Pligg Founder/Coder/Designer Yankidank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pastordave View Post
    hi i'm having a problem where i just installed pligg 2 fresh install I cant access user profile and cant post news with no apparent errors http://covenant-assembly.org
    It looks like you've made a number of customizations to your template. Perhaps that was the cause of your issue? If you revert back to the "bootstrap" template, do the problems persist?

Quote Originally Posted by jiyath View Post
    How to Change Maintenance Mode?
    Add a .maintenance file to the root of your Pligg website. Whenever that file is present, a "Maintenance mode" message will be displayed across your entire site. Here's a screenshot of what the Bootstrap maintenance template looks like when it is enabled.
    The Facebook Module for Pligg CMS!
    Register, Login, and Submit Stories with Facebook. An absolute MUST HAVE for all Pligg sites!

Hi the problem started on anitial install where it asked for i believe it was the twixx template stating on settup as an error as it didnt exist so i got the latest version of that template i could find to complete the install which was when all these problems came about .

sorry yes the problem still exists under bootstrap
    Last edited by pastordave; 06-17-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: adding info

Quote Originally Posted by pastordave View Post
    Hi the problem started on anitial install where it asked for i believe it was the twixx template stating on settup as an error as it didnt exist so i got the latest version of that template i could find to complete the install which was when all these problems came about .

sorry yes the problem still exists under bootstrap
    I did what the forum sugested and deleted all info in my database reuploaded the install directory and an untouched copy of bootstrap and twixx template and then reinstalled. all went well and most all my problems disapeared
    problems faced now no errors in logs

1) footer seems to be missing
    2) images uploading or showing up on pages or profiles has problems the image just dont seem to upload it hangs then i believe times out this could be a problem with gd or imagemagick not seeming to be running on my host. might have to look for a good cheap host
    This is so cool

i have more the 400 errors since i installed pligg 2 i upload the error log to be if it can be fixed, thanx
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../error-log.txt

Hi

I've purchased the pligg 2.0 package and installed it & found couple of these errors in the error log.

PHP Warning: include(../settings.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/mydomain/internal/class.config.php on line 51

i have no idea how these errors was generated so probably i cant regenerate it.

And secondly i dont see an option where i can enter my solvemedia api and key ?
    Where am i supposed to enter the key and api provided by solvemedia.

Thank you

have a nice day

I've purchased the pligg 2.0 package and installed it. The first thing is that I started get spammed two days after the installation, even with reCaptcha. Does Pligg 2 have a email verification when registering?. Another thing is that the Upload module is not working!

Quote Originally Posted by lipsmega View Post
    I've purchased the pligg 2.0 package and installed it. The first thing is that I started get spammed two days after the installation, even with reCaptcha. Does Pligg 2 have a email verification when registering?. Another thing is that the Upload module is not working!
    you need to get akismet up and running and set up a cron job to continuously change your registration file concerning your upload module i had to change my host to one that had gd/imagemagick running server side then it worked and that includes most all image manipulation modules would need that.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast