Pligg 2.0 Beta Discussion
Please use this thread to discuss the Beta version of Pligg 2.0. Updates can be downloaded from the Pligg shop "My Account" page, in the Downloads tab.
If you are reporting a bug, please be descriptive and provide example images or URLs when possible. Tell us how to exactly reproduce a problem.
Want immediate support? Join us in our IRC room at irc.freenode.net in the room #pligg. Click here to access the chat room from your browser.
Major Known Issues:
These are bugs that we are still trying to work out, or features that are still incomplete.
- No known major issues at this time.
We suggest disabling these modules until these bugs are addressed.
- The CAPTCHA module WhiteHat method. Stick with ReCAPTCHA or SolveMedia methods and you'll be fine.
Pligg 2.0 has been updated across the board to make it easier for newcomers and Pligg veterans alike. The list of things changed is actually several hundred items long, but here are a few of the major updates and new features available:
- Up/Down article rating (previously Pligg was designed for only up voting, like the old Digg)
- New Admin Panel Design, based on Bootstrap, with much improved usability.
- New Front End Design, also based on the responsive Bootstrap design.
- Drag and drop modules from the admin panel module management page, to determine their display order
- Log in using your email address or username in the user field
- Infinite Scrolling option for articles, or use standard pagination results
- Keep an eye on available updates, and content that needs moderated, easily from the Admin Panel
- New, more secure, SolveMedia CAPTCHA
- Password reset now sends a link to change it in-browser, rather than a new password
- Larger default avatar sizes (32px small, and 100px large)
- Admins can change the author of a post
- View the website error log from the admin panel
- Multi-level commenting
NOTICE: Some beta releases require that you run the upgrade.php file. When this happens with a beta release you may need to follow this example on how you can upgrade between Beta versions.
I am leaving this notice for users who choose to buy one of the Tier upgrades for Pligg 2 Beta. These upgrade packages unlock software at a steep discount when you buy them along with Pligg 2. When you place an order for one of the Tier reward levels via Pligg Pro, it may take us up to a day to email you the module package. In the meantime you will have access to the basic Pligg 2.0 download. Eventually we will credit your account with the purchase of the package items that are hosted on the Pro Shop (Facebook, Twitter, Tweet, and Comment Subscription modules) so that you can obtain upgrades through the shop.
For a list of the latest SVN updates, check out the SVN revision RSS feed.
We are also working on a new page for tracking revision changes.
Here is a list of documented changelogs (as links to posts in this thread) for publicly released SVN revisions. This will help you figure out what changes occurred between versions.
Last edited by Yankidank; 06-05-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Hi, I just installed the beta version on my site Ur SBM - Your Source for Social News and Networking, but I am facing problem with seo urls and submissions.
1. If I choose the option of seo urls, then the page redirects to 404 not found page on any link shown on the home page.
2. If I choose the non-seo urls then whenever a user submits a story, he redirected to a blank upcoming page. the entry is saving in the database.
How to turn on infinite scrolling?
I thought it was some type of fluke when I experienced a similar issue. Try navigating to your Admin panel, and set the URL method (configure > seo) to method 2, then change it back and save. This seems to have correctly set my site to URL Method 1. Prior to this my site thought it was using URL Method 2 (SEO Method), but the admin panel showed it as using method 1. I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the setting displaying incorrectly from the admin panel. By default the site should be using method 1, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Originally Posted by niksng
Admin > Configure > Miscellaneous > Enable Infinite Scroll > 2
Originally Posted by galfaroth
For some reason the description for that field seems to be missing. So here is a key for what the possible values are for that input area:
1 = Disable infinite scrolling (uses normal pagination at the bottom of page results)
2 = Enable infinite scrolling (as you scroll, it automatically pulls in new entries)
3 = Users click on a button to pull up more entries when they reach the end of a page
Have an issue with the admin template. It seems that there is an issue with the menu (in admin section) that is in the right (modules, manage, settings, templates and widgets). I can not open them like they are not linked with url. Anybody can help me?
Hello...I bought this Beta version...the script tends to Continue forever at Step 4...I am yet to install this...please help or post a guide so that I can update the current script..
I don't have this there. That's why I was asking . When I go to Admin > Settings > Miscellanious I don't see that option.
Originally Posted by Yankidank
It seems that I missed adding the related database information to the installation script. I think it was only built into the upgrade script. I will try to rectify that problem with the next release, but it may require a re-install for you.
Originally Posted by galfaroth
Could you provide a screenshot demonstrating your problem?
Originally Posted by kieron13
Step 4 of the installation process is where it loads the database settings, then asks you to provide admin account details. Does this step output anything at all for you, or does it just return a blank white page that never finishes loading? The most likely issue for a problem at this point is if your MySQL credentials from the previous step are incorrect. It could be something else though related to your particular server. Make sure that you run /install/troubleshooter.php before attempting an install or upgrade to try to address any issues your server might have.
Originally Posted by hellsailor