Just I want to do a little summary of what to do to setup the SMTP mail sending in Pligg
Pligg use the phpmailer class to send mail, and phpmailer allow us use a SMTP server (internal or external) like sending method, by there is no way (yet) to setup this by the Pligg admin panel, so we need modify some files.
- Firstly we find the phpmailer class at:
- Modify the SMTP settings. Likely you will need modify the next variables:
- Save the file
public $Mailer = 'smtp'; ("mail" by default, you need change it to "smtp")
public $Host = 'localhost'; (SMTP server host)
public $Port = 25; (port, 25, 465, 587)
public $SMTPSecure = ''; (empty for plain connection, likely you will need change to "tls" or "ssl")
public $SMTPAuth = false; (change to true if you have and username and password for the SMTP server)
public $Username = '';
public $Password = '';
- This is not enough, because you will need include the class.smtp.php (phpmailer plugin) in the same phpmailer folder. To get this, download phpmailer from:
- Take the "class.smtp.php" and upload it to the <pligg-path>/libs/ folder.
- In the last step you need check the "from" address in your lang_xx.conf file. The field to modify is: PLIGG_PassEmail_From =
I spent time trying find the form to get this, I hope it helps someone.