Thread: RSS import feature

RSS import feature

Hi

rss import feature is great I love it. I have a bit of problem My site doesnt seem to get these feeds automatically(like specified 12 hours or so) rather I have to go to the feature every so often and import the feed. Is there any thing that I can do to make it to import automatically.

Cheers
    sreeram

Pligg Developer/Admin kbeeveer46's Avatar
    There should have probably been some documentation with the importer to explain that a little better. It doesn't automatically import the feeds at the specified time unless you set rss_main.php as a cron job. Setting cron jobs is different for every service provider so you might want to check with them on how you can set one. You can set it to run 3 times a day or something like that and then you can set each feed to import at certain times. So one feed may import every 5 hours and another 12 hours.

the tag field never adds for me after importing, just the three basic, even if I assign a existing field in the rss to the tag field....is there anyway to fill in the tag or have it show up? thanks

just a bump so it doesnt go to far down, it doesnt looks like anything but those 3 get taken in.....are tags implemented yet for rss importer? thanks all!

hi

Quote Originally Posted by kbeeveer46 View Post
    There should have probably been some documentation with the importer to explain that a little better. It doesn't automatically import the feeds at the specified time unless you set rss_main.php
    Kbeeveer46 I did try to do a cron job by asking to wget rss_main.php but this gives me login falied error log in Main root foder I have accumulated around 190 files saying login failed. Is ther any I can over come this.

I am unable to find full documentation In the pligg9beta download. Can any one point me in right direction.

Cheers

Sreeram